Friday, September 25, 2009

A Scare and 8 Pounds Lighter

I felt very weak on Wednesday. I felt like I was having muscle atrophy in combination with Anemia. By Thursday I thought I was feeling better but by me almost passing out on Friday, I knew that my body was officially going through detox. When you undergo a cleansing, it is very typical to feel pretty weak and ill around a week in; your body is removing toxins and going almost through a withdraw. Its confused.

I got on the scale, and it read 160. 160? So I stepped down, stepped back up and its true, 160. This means I have lost 8 pounds. It also means two things: I have executed the cleansing, and two, I need to eat more. Although it is nice to see the loss, it reflects that I am not eating enough and I need to focus on forcing myself to eat more calories. I need to have a steadier weight loss. Don't want my body to go through shock.

I will also schedule a physical for next week, after the detox to ensure I am on the right path.

What is fascinating is that there are thousands of people who live like this all year, raw vegan, why am I so different? Why is my struggle any different then theirs? Why would I choose to document mine....

I guess its to make people understand that its a struggle for most people and that we need to persevere because if not the cycles will not end. The continual struggle to be healthy, the superficiality of it all, will persist. Success is so much closer than it seems.

Alright, so I am getting corny, which means I am getting tired. I hope you keep pledging for my weight loss, and may you all be working your way to a healthier you!

No comments:

Post a Comment