Wednesday, September 23, 2009

From the Beginning to My Current Status

I just saw Taylor, the guy who inspired me to become raw vegan, while I am cramming for my French 16th and 17th Century Literature exam (thats tomorrow!!!).

This whole Challenge bit started with me reading outside of the library this past Saturday. It is common that periodically someone recognizes you, says hi quickly and at most accomplishes some small talk and walks off. Simple human respectful behavior.

It was a bit different this past Saturday, as I was first approached by Dave Korn, a true free-spirit, who traveled the world during the past 8 months. Typical to me and our age group, we engaged in a deep existentialist debate on how we should go about living. The conversation drifted to "Into the Wild", the story of Chris McCandless, a man who after college graduation gave away all of his life savings, gave up all luxuries and decided to travel... into the wild. Yes, we had both been inspired by his story and both seek to test our humanity through engaging in this....

Then came Taylor, a true Raw Vegan, and the conversation drifted into how health is crucial, etc (you can see where it goes from here). We became even more polarized.

Both were so peaceful, so content. It was truly amazing, and I guess I hoped for the same complete peace. I may not be able to grab a back pack and wish establishment away, but I can break down my fitness structure that had so failed me.

I put on pants today that I wore one week ago and MUFFIN TOPPED with no shame. Today they fit nicely, and a bit loose in some areas. Amazing.

Although I had a rough day yesterday, since all the toxins are leaving the body (this is acting as a detox), I am now feeling better. I hope to fight through my cravings and urges with all of you who need that extra push. I won't break it, just promise me the same.

Second weigh in in a few days, I hope to report good things.


No comments:

Post a Comment